In a nutshell:
Keep your head space healthy too, the mind is an important part of our physical make up:
- Tips and hints
- Podcasts for on the go or for times when you can’t sit and read
Being healthy doesn’t just mean looking after the physical aspects of your health. It’s equally important to care for your mental wellbeing. If you’re happy and in good mental health then you’ll be able to deal with stress so much better and you will feel more fulfilled.
- Eat well – feed yourself a healthy balanced diet and it will make you feel so much better in yourself
- Drink sensibly and stay hydrated – remember alcohol is a depressant
- Keep active – it makes a difference
- Do whatever you can to relax and take a break
- Sleep well and get enough of it
- Talk about your feelings and worries to friends or at support groups
- Accept and value yourself – don’t set yourself impossible standards
- Keep in touch with friends and loved ones – build your support network
- Smile and laugh and do more of makes you do that
- Ask for help when you need it – there is so much support out there (including Carers Club), it’s just about making the step to admit you may need help
You may also find it helpful to read our rest and relaxation for mind and body section where we talk about how to unwind and give your mind that balanced zen we’re all in need of.